The layer cake here is:
7. A radial gradient from transparent red to full red, centred on the sun and set to Overlay at 53%.
6. Duplicate of the original photo set to Colour Burn at 10% opacity.
5. A hue/sat layer with extensive shifts on Yellow, Green, and Cyan.
4. Levels adjustment - pretty significant intensification (I crunched the range to about 30% of the original).
3. Gradient Map adjustment layer attached specifically to the one below it, gradient from black to white.
2. Duplicate of the original photo filtered with Artistic>Plastic Wrap and set to 34%.
1. The original photo layer.